Fuel and Tank Cleaning Division
The Fuel and Tank Cleaning division specializes in cleaning fuel and fuel tanks for a wide variety of customers, from small commercial clients to large industrial customers. We handle all types of fuel including gasoline, diesel and aviation fuel in both underground storage tanks (UST) and above ground storage tanks (AST).
Our Services Include:
- Fuel Filtering /Fuel Polishing
- Tank Cleaning
- Confined Space Entry Cleaning
- Water Intrusion Pumpouts (from tanks and sumps)
- Petroleum Waste Transportation and Disposal (drum runs/removal)
Our Cleaning Protocol:
- Remove drop tube and monitor system probe from tank to gain access at low end of tank.
- Take sample of fuel off bottom of low end tank
- Grounding system is attached to fuel tank
- Pump out water from bottom of tank
- Pump up fuel from low end of tank using larger hose, filter fuel through vessel that has 1 to 25 micron filters and water separator, then return fuel at high end of tank using smaller hose under high pressure that cleans the bottom of the tank while returning the fuel.
- Fuel is polished at a rate of 70 gallons a minute to 120 gallons per minute and goes through a meter so the quantity of the fuel is measured.
- Take another fuel sample from bottom of low end to ensure that fuel is clean.
- Put system back together and reset monitor system.
- Properly dispose of hazardous waste that was generated from the cleaning, handling the manifest and transportation to the disposal site.